Summer garden pasta salad with tomato, chard and basil
Enjoy the late summer with this summery pasta salad with green beans, tomato, chard, basil and red leicester. You don’t make a dressing for this salad, but you eat it with homemade grape jelly. You can use blackcurrant jam instead of grape jelly.
Green beans are still harvested in September and if we get a good late summer, tomatoes can also be harvested. Cooking with fresh vegetables of the season contain more vitamins and are less harmful to the environment and generally more affordable.
Use leftover pasta and beans in the salad
Nobody wants to waste food. You can use your leftover pasta and beans in this recipe. By adding some fresh ingredients and natural seasonings, you can turn leftovers from a main course into a delicious healthy salad for lunch.
Prevent food waste:
use leftovers in a healthy lunch
Pasta salad with tomato, green bean, chard, basil, red leicester and a dressing of grape jelly
- 100 grams cooked farfalle pasta
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 60 grams green beans
- 50 grams red leicester cheese
- 1 hand fresh chard
- 1 hand fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- tablespoon grape jelly or blackcurrant jam
- black pepper and sea salt
- Place the cooked farfalle pasta in a bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and put them in the pasta.
- Cut the beans in half and put them in the pasta.
- Cut the red leicester cheese into small cubes and put them in the pasta.
- Wash the chard and basil well. Drain well and divide the leaves over the pasta.
- Put the tablespoon of grape jelly in the center of the salad.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds over the salad.
- Season the salad with freshly ground sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
more delicious lunch ideas
Taste the autumn with this pumpkin chestnut burger. This veggie burger is baked nice and crispy in t...
Are you looking for a tasty snack for a pleasant afternoon or evening? This flammkuchen is simple to...
Vegetarian stew of beets, carrot, red onion, sage, thyme and a balsamic-soy sauce. Delicious with go...