Vegetarian stew of beets with sage, thyme and a balsamic soy sauce
Vegetarian stew of beets, carrot, red onion, sage, thyme and a balsamic-soy sauce. Delicious with goat cheese and walnuts on a bed of mashed potatoes. It is also very tasty to dip a piece of sourdough bread in it. The casserole or Tajine does most of the work after peeling and slicing. Delicious scents spread through your home.
Forest beets are harvested from the open ground until the end of September. Just like pumpkins, they can be kept for a long time if stored in a cool and dark place.
Delicious and beautiful to serve with this dish. Dip thin parsnip slices in beet stew juice and a little olive oil. Spread the parsnips on baking paper on an oven tray and bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
Vegetarian stew of beets, carrot, red onion, sage, thyme and a balsamic-soy sauce.
- 4 small peeled and diced beetroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 peeled and finely chopped red onions
- 2 peeled and chopped winter carrots organic
- 2 (sweet) potatoes peeled, washed and cut into pieces
- 1 can of tomatoes organic
- 5 fresh sage leaves finely chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme picked
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos (gluten and soy free)
- 1 tablespoon of your best red balsamic vinegar
- 1 dessert spoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- sourdough bread or mashed potatoes
- soft goat cheese
- Put the olive oil in the frying pan and heat the oil.
- Add the fresh herbs and then the onion and garlic. If you are using an earthenware or porcelain tagine, fry the herbs with garlic and onion in a frying pan and then spoon them into the tagine.
- Add all the vegetables and the potatoes and toss them well with the herbs.
- Add the can of tomatoes.
- Add soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Let everything simmer for 45 minutes until the vegetables and potatoes are tender.
- Serve with sourdough bread or mashed potatoes. Extra tasty if you sprinkle some soft goat cheese and walnuts on top.
Pumpkin lentil soup with curry, red pepper and coconut, garnished with black sesame seeds and chives
Pumpkin lentil soup with curry, red pepper and coconut, garnished with black sesame seeds and chives...
Are you vegetarian or do you just want to eat less meat, but do you also love shawarma? With homemad...
This powerful soup has a special taste and a real boost. So much flavor and yet no broth used; it re...
Vegetarian stew of beets, carrot, red onion, sage, thyme and a balsamic-soy sauce. Delicious with go...